Overcome Your Winter Blues
Did you know… 50 to 60 percent of Americans are affected by winter blues?
This loss of happiness is known as Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). There is a broad spectrum of symptoms that can be attributes to the shift in attitude that may include restlessness, insomnia, weight gain, and sadness.
Here are a few things you can do to help overcome winter blues:
- Stick to a daily routine
- Go to bed on time
- Plan your day and make a list of what you want to accomplish and check things off as you accomplish them
- Save challenging projects for when you are feeling the most energized and happy
- Eat healthier foods
- Go for a walk or enjoy some light exercise
- Relax with meditation, massage, light music
- Drink plenty of water
- Use light therapy to extend the hours of daylight in your day
- Call, visit, video-chat with loved ones
- Laugh with friends and family often