Tips to Slow the Aging Process
Celebrate Healthy Aging Month this September by trying the tips below, which may help you age slower and improve your quality of life.
- Eat a varied and healthy diet. Include plenty of fruits, vegetables and whole grain foods. Drink lots of fluids to maintain healthy skin and flush out waste.
- Exercise every day. Exercise improves appetite, encourages healthy bones, gives you a better emotional outlook and improves digestion and circulation.
- Seeking prompt medical care when you’re ill or injured. Listen to your body and take care of any little problems before they become big problems.
- Use sunscreen to prevent sunburn. One of the most significant factors contributing to aging is chronic inflammation of the skin.
- Quit smoking and avoid secondhand smoke. Smoking has very damaging effects and increases your risk of getting cancer and heart disease.
- Manage stress. Develop ways to help you cope and adjust to situations in your life that may cause you stress.
- Keep strong relationships. Maintaining close ties to your family and friends are crucial to healthy aging.